The popular music brand sought an eCommerce solution that could handle their growing catalog of custom music options. With thousands of products available on 15 different sites for 5 countries the customized sites had to be well designed and scalable. Yamaha also needed their marketing department to be able to update their growing catalog of products easily and quickly.
Guidance implemented Magento Enterprise 1.14.2 with integrations to Oracle, pianosoft, internet radio (subscription service), search, CyberSource, Yamaha’s internal customer database, custom audio backing tracks, and their extensive file library. Customers are now able to search for music compatible to their specific instrument and download the specific encrypted files. Marketing has easy access to the product catalog for updates and promotional outreach to their customer base. Guidance also optimized their site for responsive design.
- The site is highly customized PHP code that utilizes the best practices and Magento standards, all while providing a new responsive design
- Users can mix new audio packs right on the site – mixing UI, interface, and server side for mixing – everything is authenticated, encryption for music packs
- Custom encryption library for files per user for purchased items
- Improved product search by instrument
- Custom user flows and end points
- Completely encrypted software for user specific downloads
- UI integration that relays the correct language, currency, and taxes for the shopper
- Defined user profiles for wholesale vs customer purchasing