If your business isn’t going mobile, then it’s probably heading nowhere. More than ever, consumers and commerce are migrating to smartphones, tablets, and other portable devices. The trend is unmistakable: mobile is not just the best channel for reaching customers, it is fast becoming the only viable way of engaging them.
Mobile is the Consumer’s Personal Hub
Mobile is now by far the most preferred way for consumers to interact with brands and retailers. Here are a few facts and stats that show where things are heading:
- Traffic via mobile represents more than 50 percent of visits for many sites (Guidance Client Data).
- Mobile shopping carts are up more than 70 percent year over year (Guidance Client Data).
- Over 70 percent of emails are now opened on mobile devices (Guidance Client Data).
- People in B2B are using mobile web to do their jobs.
- Scientists, professionals, procurement officers, and others utilize mobile to conduct research that informs purchasing decisions.
- Mobile is greatly empowering salespeople in the field to make presentations and conduct product demos via apps and videos.
- Make sure search boxes are prominent and easy to read and use on mobile devices.
- Experiment with mobile-friendly payment options like PayPal and Apple Pay.
- Make sure product images and banner ads are optimized for portable screens.
- Integrate with Google maps to automatically fill out customer addresses.