As published today on Internet Retailer’s website, long-time client Foot Locker has reported Web and total sales’ increases of 10.5% and 5.4%, respectively.
For the quarter that ended on October 30th, Foot Locker reported:
- Web sales of $95 million, a 10.5% increase from $86 million in the third quarter of 2009.
- Total sales increased about 5.8%, to $1.28 billion this year, compared with sales of $1.21 billion in the year-ago quarter.
- Comparable-store sales increased 8.1%.
- Net income was $52 million, compared with a net loss of $6 million in the prior-year period.
Based on Internet Retailer calculations, the Internet represented 7.4% of all sales for the quarter for Foot Locker, No. 52 in the Internet Retailer Top 500 Guide, compared with 7.1% in the same period last year.
For the first nine months of 2010, Foot Locker reported:
- Web sales of $251 million, a 5.5% increase from $161.9 million in the prior year period.
- Total sales of $3.65 billion, a 3.6% increase from $3.52 billion last year.
- Comparable-store sales increased 5.2%.
- Net income of $112 million, compared with net income of $25 million.
Based on Internet Retailer calculations, the Internet represented 6.9% of sales through nine months of 2010, compared with 4.6% in the same period last year.
As their eCommerce development firm for almost 13 years, I must say that we are extremely proud of the performance of all Foot Locker sites and look forward to even greater success in 2011.