Southern California supermarket chain, Stater Bros., operates more than 160 stores throughout southern California. Their digital presence consisted of a homegrown site that lacked sufficient flexibility and made maintenance and scalability very difficult. Stater Bros has very specific requirements around how their “Weekly Ads” and “In the News” sections were managed, so it was critical that Guidance work these requirements into the overall site integration.
This 90 day project provided the foundation for Stater Bros. future eCommerce site, built on Episerver CMS. Guidance customized the platform to have these circulars, publish and unpublished on a specific time stamp. This same logic was applied to their “In the News” page as well. Customized CMS was required in order to list $4.00 pharmaceutical generics in their pharmacy category, where users can review whether or not their required prescription can be filled at their pharmacy. Guidance also implemented functionality that made the current Active Directory of users and their permissions, work with the CMS’ permissions. This reduced overhead of creating new user names and passwords for the entire Stater Bros. team who manage content for the site. Guidance also built the integration to Stater Bros.’ current “Digital Deals" functionality, where users can sign up for online coupons and weekly specials, their affiliates “Upromise” and “Savings Star”, and their existing “Shopping List” functionality, where users can manually create their very own shopping lists.
- Omni-channel customizations for digital coupons functionality, which would allow the customer to provide a code at check-out which would automatically apply the coupon discount at checkout
- Customized functionality so that customers can create digital shopping lists while online and seamlessly submit them to their local store for fulfillment and in-store pick-up
- Implementation of live chat and elastic search functionality
- Integration of Google maps/locator to display store locations
- Company Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest profiles were linked to encourage awareness and growth of the corporate profiles