Leading California designer James Perse wanted to break through the noise and create their own look and feel online and in store. They needed to craft a user experience (UX) that focuses on presentation while preserving key UX design and ecommerce best practices. Guidance, together with the James Perse team, strived to create a modern and unique design that reflected the unique brand’s identity in retail. The goal was a scalable international ecommerce presence.
Creative Services Web Integrations for eCommerce eCommerce & Omnichannel Strategic Solutions Retail Strategy Solutions B2C eCommerce Services Mobile & Responsive Design
Guidance took the time to understand the James Perse DNA and was able to identify key differentiators in product, brand values and aspirations. The team wanted users to have a visually rich website experience that also drove sales and revenue. This required a lot of platform flexibility which was lacking in their current platform. Our solution was to replatform the current James Perse site to Magento Enterprise Edition.
James Perse site required custom web development including a warehouse application, reporting, and many front-end enhancements across navigation, homepage, category pages, and product detail page. We elevated features such as rich imaging, product recommendations and search, along with usability and UX enhancements, and created a comprehensive ecommerce site that is built on top of a robust stack and uses the latest web technologies.
- Migration of current platform to the more streamlined and flexible Magento Enterprise Edition.
- Creative Services.
- Integration to ERP and other 3rd party services and platforms including Coremetrics, Borderfree, and Branding Brand.
- Built a custom Borderfree integration to support ecommerce in over 50 countries globally.
- Robust solution allows the company to factor in tax, duty, markup, and exchange rates in all countries.
- Established a consistent 20% YOY growth in revenue and transactions since 2013.
- 30% Increase in AOV since 2013.
- Improved site search, category restructuring, and mobile/tablet optimization, contributed to 50% decrease in bounce rate since 2014.