Isn’t it time to work with a leader? Are you looking for a place where everybody knows your name? Where you can stand out from the crowd? Where you can strategize, design, collaborate and lead? Come to Guidance and find the job of your dreams.
Guidance is located in steps from the beach. We are a leader in the eCommerce industry, and work with high profile clients such on cutting edge, innovative projects. We believe in being passionate about work, having fun, and being the best. If you believe in the same, you belong at Guidance!
We proudly have received the Best Places to Work in LA award, twice. Come see why. We enjoy great pay and benefits, a casual, relaxed work style and a friendly, collaborative environment. Come play with the best!
As our Information Architect/User Experience you will develop web solutions and custom applications for our high-profile clients with rich media user experiences using best practices, innovative concepts, and brand strategy.
- Create wireframes, site maps, and user-flows using best practices for e-commerce sites
- Serve as creative lead determining strategy and concept for external and internal projects
- Spearhead creative process, working closely with designers to encapsulate the client’s needs and wants
- Create and conduct client presentations to engage client, solicit feedback and receive client commitment and buy-in to proposed direction and execution
- Identify methods to enhance clients’ project, utilizing concepts known to generate greater user acceptance and better usability
- Work with HR to manage IA/UX resourcing needs, maintain active list of vendor resources i.e., writers, designers, photographers, and IA/UX
- Create brand-on, strategy-on compelling creative online campaigns for clients
- Direct contractors and critique work to maintain consistent creative quality Work with Business Development to create Sales presentations and time & cost estimates
- Work directly with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Designers and the Clients on all projects
- Manage time appropriately to ensure all projects are on time, on budget, and in scope
- Juggle projects effectively, ensuring all deadlines are satisfied
- Participate in internal project meetings as well as external client meetings
- BA in Art, Design, Graphics, Human Factors, or related discipline; MA Preferred
- 10+ years of professional design, UX, IA, UI experience
- Proven success in creating innovative concepts for client web based projects
- Track record of selecting appropriate design, layout, and typography for client projects
- Knowledge of best practices in web design and IA
- In-depth knowledge of web site functionalities, interactions, usability, and navigation
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable presenting and exchanging ideas with C level professionals
- Excellent organization, time management, and attention to detail skills
- Ability to lead team members; negotiate with peers, superiors, clients, and create a strong can-do orientation for all involved with project
- Recognized expertise in interactive design, direct marketing/e-marketing
- Expert knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process, including providing clear creative direction, giving timely and helpful coaching to improve creative and producing all work cost effectively and on schedule
- Hands-on experience with user interface design processes and methodology
- Working knowledge of User Centered Design Principles and Practices
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, prioritize, and solve problems proactively
- Excellent analytical, creative, and multi-tasking skills
- Customer-focused, results-driven
- Demonstrated expertise in conducting user research and focus groups
- Willing and able to share knowledge with peers, colleagues, clients, etc.
- Self-motivated, customer driven and results oriented
- Hands-on experience with Axure
All applicants must be a strong fit with Guidance's core values:
- Honesty, integrity and fairness
- Respect for individual ability, creativity and diversity
- Teamwork and open communication
- Passion and commitment
- Enjoyment of work and life
Guidance is an equal opportunity employer who provides a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries commensurate with experience.