Guidance is a leader in the eCommerce industry. We seek a .NET Architect and Team Lead to work on our award winning development team and develop eCommerce solutions for some of the nation’s top companies. As a .NET Architect and Team Lead, you will work with teams of developers, project managers, UX professionals, and designers, and consult directly with customers to help them shape technical solutions and further their business goals.
Guidance’s Marina Del Rey location is located in the heart of Silicon Beach. You will work with high profile clients such as Johnny Was, Foot Locker, and Burlington Coat Factory.
Guidance has been named one of the Best Places to Work in LA by the LA Business Journal year after year. Led by our employee-driven Green committee, we are proud to be environmentally and socially conscious and are a 100% carbon-neutral company.
In this position, you will work with some of the top developers, project managers and UX professionals in the field, and tackle new and exciting client projects every day. You will make an impact on the future of eCommerce, and within this booming market lies an opportunity to energize your career.
Consider the whole package:
Guidance offers an innovative office space and a competitive, employee-friendly comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees.
Take charge of your career
Guidance provides many opportunities for the right individuals. Learning is a continuous process and practiced through training, mentoring, knowledge-sharing and networking. We are committed to your professional growth, and we will work with you to map out a career plan and training schedule.
Keep things in perspective
We believe in keeping work and life balanced; there are minimal travel requirements and a variety of recreational and social activities planned throughout the year.
- Develop technical strategies for multiple, concurrent client projects
- Consult directly with clients on a regular basis regarding progress, challenges, timelines and deliverables
- Collaborate with Guidance’s team of in-house developers, both locally and off-shore
- Participate in sales presentations in a technical sales capacity
- Create various project documents in collaboration with other team members
- Lead development teams in creating cutting edge eCommerce and mobile sites
- 5-7+ years architecting and developing web based software solutions
- 5-7 years’ experience in managing/leading development teams; experience working with off-shore teams a plus
- Experience using continuous integration and automated deployment tools
- Working knowledge of MS SQL and NoSQL DBMS’s.
- Experience extending or customizing existing products/frameworks
- Experience using best practice version control methodologies and tools such as TFS, GIT or SVN
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment; certifications a plus
- Experience with MediaChase or EPiServer preferred but not required
- B.S. in CS, CE, EE, ME or equivalent; MS CS preferred
All applicants must be a strong fit with Guidance's core values:
- Honesty, integrity and fairness
- Respect for individual ability, creativity and diversity
- Teamwork and open communication
- Passion and commitment
- Enjoyment of work and life
Guidance is an equal opportunity employer who provides a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries commensurate with experience.