As a Senior Front-End Developer at Guidance, you will create award winning solutions for today’s leading, global B2C and B2B retailers. You will work with developers, graphic designers, project managers, QA professionals and client teams to deliver the very best in ecommerce.
Reporting to the SVP of Technology, you will develop customer-centric user experiences based on today's best practices and leading technologies. Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating highly functional responsive designs that support many screen sizes and device formats
- Optimizing features and user experience workflow
- Advocating and driving design best practices with a focus on consistency and usability
- Interpreting site design and style guides by creating pixel perfect pages from PSDs
- Working with our sales and design teams to estimate front-end development tasks
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Server and client-side LESS compilation
- Debugging style sheets and using Grunt and/or Gulp
- Working in agile development teams
- Proficient in Git practices
- Flexible, open and approachable demeanor (can-do attitude)
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and slicing PSD files
- A strong understanding of the Magento 1.x and Magento 2.x theming components and an ability to modify user interfaces according to best practices.
- Experience with Demandware, SAP Hybris and/or Episerver is a plus
All applicants must be a strong fit with Guidance's core values:
- Honesty, integrity and fairness
- Respect for individual ability, creativity and diversity
- Teamwork and open communication
- Passion and commitment
- Enjoyment of work and life
Guidance is an equal opportunity employer.